is Shortell and Kaluzny’s Healthcare Management: Organization Design and Behavior Chapter 2 on pages 57-58, please read Case: The New Department Director. Within a 3-page response. Respond to the following questions in your case study response.
- As the new director, what problems does Dr. Grant face?
- In managing his internal workforce, how could Dr. Grant have avoided the situation?
- Using concepts of leadership and management from this chapter, what recommendations could be given to Dr. Grant so that he can move forward in implementing his changes and gain support?
RESPONSES MUST BE IN THE CASE STUDY FORMAT
1. Introduction to the Case Study This section serves as your introduction and must contain an explanation of the business issue presented in the case study.
2. Statement of the Problem. This section is an analysis of the case study information or data--this section discusses what information is being considered in overcoming the issue presented in the Case Study. You may wish to complete research on the issue(s) presented within the Case Study. Have other organizations had to deal with similar issues?
3. Generating Alternatives--this section discusses additional explanations for the issue presented. Are there additional problems presented?
4. Selecting Decision Criteria--this section explains what issues will be solved within the Case Study
5. Analyzing and Evaluating Alternatives--this section explains the importance of solving the issue and researched information to support your decision.
6. Selecting the Preferred Alternative--this section explains the decision chosen to "solve" the Case Study's "problem".
7. Recommendations--this section explains what must be done to "solve" the Case Study.