Before preparing your case writeup, review "Case Analysis" and "Requirements for Written Cases" in the Course Overview. You may discuss this case with other students, but you must write your case analysis, including Exhibits, by yourself. Grades will be posted after the Wilkerson discussion is completed.
Answer the following:
3. Estimate product costs for valves, pumps, and flow controllers using ABC for overhead activities (primarily Ex. 1 & 4) and direct cost data from the Exhibits.
4. Compare ABC costs to the standard unit costs (Ex. 2). Explain what causes such different results; be specific - use data from the case and your calculations. Hint: examine both the methods and the product characteristics.
6. What are the strategic implications of your analysis? What specific actions do you recommend to Wilkerson's managers? What are the financial implications of your recommendations?
Submit using this drop box.
Recently Asked Questions
- The following information applies to an economy : Total population 1,100 Working age population 975 Labor force 750 Underemployed 120 Unemployed 95 Discouraged
- Which of the following is most accurate concerning key characteristics of different types of preference shares ?
- The probability of a particular outcome must always be between 0.0 and 1.0 inclusive . True False