Week 2 Assignment 1: Wilkerson Company Individual Case Write-up Questions 3, 4, and 6
Before preparing your case writeup, review "Case Analysis" and "Requirements for Written Cases" in the Course Overview. You may discuss this case with other students, but you must write your case analysis, including Exhibits, by yourself. Grades will be posted after the Wilkerson discussion is completed.
Answer the following:
3. Estimate product costs for valves, pumps, and flow controllers using ABC for overhead activities (primarily Ex. 1 & 4) and direct cost data from the Exhibits.
4. Compare ABC costs to the standard unit costs (Ex. 2). Explain what causes such different results; be specific - use data from the case and your calculations. Hint: examine both the methods and the product characteristics.
6. What are the strategic implications of your analysis? What specific actions do you recommend to Wilkerson's managers? What are the financial implications of your recommendations?
Submit using this drop box.
Recently Asked Questions
- Explain the factors pertaining to organizational culture as well as the factors to implement successful organization culture change.
- A survey showed that 850 of the 1600 adult respondents who live in a household without landline phones. (a) Construct a 95% confidence interval estimate of
- Compare y = tanx to y = sinx and y = cosx. i) The locations of the asymptotes of y = tanx can be derived from one of the other graphs. Which one? Explain how.