View the step-by-step solution to:

Question

TO Industries prepares monthly cash budgets. The following budget information is available for April and May

2019:

April May

Sales $650,000 $700,000

Direct material purchases 220,000 240,000

Direct labor 175,000 180,000

Manufacturing overhead 120,000 130,000

Selling and administrative expenses 150,000 150,000


All sales are credit sales. The company expects to collect 60% from customers in the month of the sale and the remaining 40% in first month following the sale. The company purchases direct materials on account. The company pays for 75% of the purchases in the month of the purchases and the remaining 25% in the first month following the purchase. Direct labor, manufacturing overhead, and selling and administrative expenses are paid in cash in the month incurred.

Additional information:

• March 2019 credit sales were $600,000

• March 2019 purchases of direct materials were $200,000

• The company's cash balance on April 1, 2019 is expected to be $90,000

• The company wants to maintain a minimum cash balance of $80,000 and has a line of credit in the amount of 1,000,000, with an annual interest rate of 6%, available to borrow if the budgeted cash balance falls below that level. Any amounts borrowed on the line of credit at the end of a month require a cash interest payment in the subsequent month. If the ending cash balance in a month exceeds the minimum balance, the excess amount is used to repay any amounts borrowed on the line of credit.


How Do I make a schedule of cash collections from credit sales for April and May 2019.

How do I make a schedule of cash disbursements for direct material purchases for April and May 2019.

How do I make a cash budget for April and May 2019 in columnar format.

Top Answer

Sign up to view the full answer

Why Join Course Hero?

Course Hero has all the homework and study help you need to succeed! We’ve got course-specific notes, study guides, and practice tests along with expert tutors.

-

Educational Resources
  • -

    Study Documents

    Find the best study resources around, tagged to your specific courses. Share your own to gain free Course Hero access.

    Browse Documents
  • -

    Question & Answers

    Get one-on-one homework help from our expert tutors—available online 24/7. Ask your own questions or browse existing Q&A threads. Satisfaction guaranteed!

    Ask a Question
Ask a homework question - tutors are online