LaJolla Airways operates commuter flights in California. Due to a political convention held in San Diego, the
airline added several extra flights during a two-week period. Additional cabin crews were hired on a temporary basis. However, rather than hiring additional flight attendants, the airline used its current attendants on overtime. Monica Gaines worked the following schedule on August 10. All of Gaines's flights on that day were extra flights that the airline would not normally fly.
1. Compute the direct cost of compensating Gaines for her services on the flight from San Diego to Sacramento.
2. Compute the cost of Gaines's services that is an indirect cost.
3. How should the cost computed in requirement (2) be treated for cost accounting purposes?
4. Gaines ended her workday on August 10 in Sacramento. However, her next scheduled flight departed San Diego at 11:00 a.m. on August 11. This required Gaines to "dead-head" back to San Diego on an early-morning flight. This means she traveled from Sacramento to San Diego as a passenger, rather than as a working flight attendant. Since the morning flight from Sacramento to San Diego was full, Gaines displaced a paying customer. The revenue lost by the airline was $87. What type of cost is the $87? To what flight, if any, is it chargeable? Why?what is the answer?
Recently Asked Questions
- Bade Midwifery's cost formula for its wages and salaries is $1,240 per month plus $242 per birth. For the month of October, the company planned for activity of
- Elite Corp. builds a manufacturing plant in a foreign trade zone. Materials costing $2,000,000 each month are imported. Duty is assessed at 6% of cost. About
- Sell or Process Further Port Allen Chemical Company processes raw material D into joint products E and F. Raw material D costs $6 per liter. It costs $100 to