You will demonstrate knowledge and skills required to lead work processes in a digital environment. In response to a scenario, and as a follow-up to Assessment Task 1, you will plan the implementation of your digital solution. You will plan and conduct a role-played training or coaching session to support implementation.
1. Read the following scenario.
You are a team leader (within an organisation as agreed with your assessor). You have been asked by your manager to review the digital information needs of your team. You have completed this review and presented your recommended digital solutions to the management team.
Your broad recommendations have been accepted. You now need to follow relevant processes (operational, budgetary and procurement) to select services or providers and integrate the new solutions into existing operations. You will also need to plan and implement training or coaching to lead and support your team.
2. Meet with your assessor to agree on a group of simulated potential trainees with which to:
conduct a skills assessment
demonstrate training or coaching skills to support implementation
arrange a time and place to role-play a training or coaching session
agree on timeframes for completion of this assessment task.
3. Plan the selection and implementation of your proposed digital solution. You will need to:
A. plan for the process of identifying features of systems that will be fit for purpose given existing organisational needs and for securing approval
B. identify strategies for integrating the solution into workplace operations
C. identify and explain the application of relevant policies and procedures including for the use of digital media by employees and intellectual property protection
D. plan the needs analysis and training of team members to ensure the successful implementation of the solution.
4. Conduct training or coaching skills assessment on your agreed group of trainees and plan a short training session in alignment with your implementation planning.
6. Conduct the training or coaching.
a. use oral communication skills to listen and explain processes using appropriate vocabulary for your trainee's
b. use interaction skills to encourage, support and develop understanding
c. explain the purpose of the training in terms of operational success and refer to relevant procedures and legislation.
7. Submit your implementation planning within the agreed timeframe and in accordance with the key requirements outlined below.
● submit planning for the selection and implementation of the chosen digital solution for your team
● simulate the implementation of planning through a training role-play.
Your assessor will be looking for evidence of the following foundation skills:
● writing skills to develop planning in accordance with legal and organisational requirements
● oral communication to present information using language and features appropriate to the training audience
● workplace navigation skills to monitor adherence to organisational policies and legal requirements
● interaction skills to use a collaborative instructional approach to encourage, support and develop understanding and skills in others
● digital workplace skills to:
evaluate new digital technologies and applications to support organisational plans
support the implementation and review of digital technologies through training
Recently Asked Questions
- A sunburn results from exposure of skin to short wavelength ultraviolet UV radiation . What is the frequency of UV radiation having a wavelength of 46.3 nm ?
- How much energy in kJ is required to ionize 2.78 moles of hydrogen atoms from the ground state ?
- Which of the following is the best description of an isotope ?