Scenario: You are sitting in your home and you pick up a package of Oreos™ (or some other product of your choosing). After realizing that you have purchased this product for years, you wonder, "Why do I feel so strongly about this product?" You remember your readings from Marketing class and decide to figure out why you feel strongly about this product using the 4 P's of Marketing and Marketing Strategy concepts.
Develop a response using the scenario above and answer the following questions:
- What is it about this product that appeals to me? Who are the people like me that are buying this product? (e.g. demographics, consumer characteristics, buyer behavior)
- How do marketers strategically plan to market these products to me?
- Why does the price of this product seem to be of equal value for the satisfaction that I receive when consuming/using this product?
- How does this product get from the manufacturer to the place I can buy it?
- What promotional activities compel me to buy this product?
- What do the answers to these questions tell you about the presumed target market and its relation to the controllable 4 P's of marketing?
- What social, environmental, and regulatory forces must this product's marketers overcome to get this product to the customer?
Recently Asked Questions
- A red blood cell plasma membrane contains _______ different types of proteins .
- The specific heat of copper is 0.093cal/g °C , and the specific heat of silver is 0.057 cal/g °C . If 100 cal of heat is added to one g of each metal at 25
- Calculate the change in enthalpy when 52.0 g of solid chromium at 25°C and 1 atm pressure is oxidized . H ° f for Cr 2 O 3 s is –1135 kJ/mol . 4Cr s