Choose one (1) company that u would like to work for and select
one (1) type of product or service that they offer in ur chosen field of expertise. Please reference all valid sources of ur information (both on-line and non-electronic).
- What is the name of the company, their vision & mission, their location & the customer services and/or products that they provide?
- Who are their customers & what are their customer segments? Describe how u researched this online using specific words and phrases (Boolean operators) to ensure u got valid & reliable information.
- How does this company determine what their customer's needs are? (Use specific evidence-based research examples and tell how this helps identify the customer needs).
- Their role of promotional strategies in targeting customer's needs using a specific promotional strategy used by this company for this product or service.
- What procedures does the company have in place to ensure that their promotional strategies are up to date and relevant to the customer's needs? Please include numerical data such as sales figures etc
- What products or services are offered by the company to each segment & why? (Identify where the company meets the specific needs of the customer in the service or the product and how they match the product or service to these needs). with evidence & analysis from research.
- What are some areas of the customer's need that may not be met by this product or service? (Include difficulties that u can envisage with the way the product or service is marketed? with evidence & analysis from your research.
- What alternative products or services are there in the same market? List three (3) and describe their advantages & disadvantages.
- If u were working for this company describe how would u assist ur customer in determining what they needed from this product or service? What alternatives could u offer them in the product range? How would u prioritise what the customer's needs were?
- What rights do the customers have with regards to faulty products or unsatisfactory services? (Quote relevant legislation, ethical obligations, Codes of Practice, Policies & Procedures, Terms and Conditions, Product Disclosure Statements & identify how & when they are applied and what each one means for the consumer).
- What procedures would u put in place if u were working in this company to ensure that all referrals for the product or service are relevant and matching to the needs of the customer?
- What events and networks would u need to attend and/or maintain to ensure that u had an ongoing pipeline of referrals? Give (2) examples one internal and one external and why u consider these two be the most important.
- Imagine urself an owner, manager or team member of the company u have picked. This task is to research current best practice in maintaining customer records and customer interaction history and then describe / suggest what ur company will do to achieve best practice in these areas. U are required to document the process including how ur company manages customer satisfaction, customer confidentiality and customer security? How ur recommendations compare with what currently exists in the company?
- Finally, who would u distribute this report to if u were working in this company and why? Who would u seek feedback from to ensure that ur findings were suitable & sufficient for organisational requirements?
REPORT (STYLE GUIDE)
Structure of reports:
Recently Asked Questions
- Describe how you can assess your personal knowledge and skills against the competency standards for a position.
- Many people criticize marketing as being manipulative based on the argument that marketing activities create needs where none previously existed.Marketers
- The customer is not to be treated as one time purchaser, but a person who will patronize the brand for lifetime. Why?