What is marketing research and how companies use it?Perceptual mapping for positioning
- Describe how it is used each of the following marketing research methods:
- Focus groups for concept testing
- Surveys for assessing customer satisfaction
- Cluster analysis for segmentation
- Conjoint analysis for testing attributes
- Scanner data for pricing and coupon experiments and brand switching
3.Assume you are a top-level manager and decided to use a single focus group. You get excited you will know what some customers say, and be able to prepare a marketing plan with the results. Why do you know this is premature? On the other side, how many focus groups are enough to support a marketing plan?
4.Imagine designing a conjoint analysis for a restaurant like Mexican Tamales. In particular, you're in charge of the phone and curve orders. While they're a simple foodstuff, they can be created in many combinations. What factors should you test in terms of your customers' likely preferences? Design a conjoint analysis that would result in identifying 2 or 3 popular combinations that your customers could order every day. Which combination would make your customers most satisfied?
321,403 students got unstuck by Course
Hero in the last week
Our Expert Tutors provide step by step solutions to help you excel in your courses