Which is NOT generally a characteristic of positivist research? control by the researcher hypothesis testing
use of interview data
- During an interview, it is all right to react to certain answers, depending on the severity and audacity of the response.
- Discussing the findings of a research study will often include answering all of the following except?
How do the findings add to the literature?
Do the finding support the literature?
What literature could the findings be used to support?
Why do the findings support the literature?
- A literature review should include material that is
directly related to your research question only
closely related to your research question only
from the wider sports literature, but not from non-sports literature
from available discipline if relevant
- Development of the final question and set of objectives will occur more in the _______ stage of the research process.
selection of topic
reviewing the literature
development of theoretical and conceptual frameworks
clarification of the research question
all of the above
B and C
- Using the results from a recent census would be an example of
- Ethnography focuses upon the emic perspective. Emic refers to
the researchers own perspective
the perspective of the group being studied
a qualitative perspective
the perspective of outsiders from the group
- When gaining entry to the setting, a _____ can lead the ethnographic researcher to familiarizing other members.
- Your hypothesis is based upon
the predicted outcome
all of the above
B and C
- You are conducting a literature review on the long term effects of concussions suffered during developmental years from participation in contact sports. Which of the following might be a useful, academic source of information in this developing field of study?
- Assigning numerical values to common or alike responses that will allow for statistical analysis.
- Which of the following is a discipline?
- An interview that allows the respondent to develop stories about their life experiences would be
an unstructured interview
a semi-structured interview
a structured interview
a narrative interview
- Guilianotti's (1995) ethnography of football fans identified a number of key issues. Which of the following was not identified?
access to the group
risks to the researcher
the reaction of the media to the findings
the validity of the data
- tesque dapibus effic
- ac, d
- amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nam lacinia pulvina
- sus ante, dapibus a molestie consequa
- llentesque dapibus efficitur laoreet. Nam risus ante
- trices ac ma
- inia pulvinar tortor nec facilisis. Pellen
- usce dui
- o. Donec aliquet.
- sum do
- Donec a
- , consectetur adipisc
- , dictum vitae odio. Donec aliquet. Lorem
487,593 students got unstuck by Course
Hero in the last week
Our Expert Tutors provide step by step solutions to help you excel in your courses