I need help with a linear regression MTH 122 critical thinking assignment.
Option #2 : Linear Regression: Diner Lunches
The table below shows the average number of lunches per day, sold at a Diner, for various years.
help with a response that completes the following tasks and meets the list of requirements that follow to build your response for this Critical Thinking Assignment:
- Without using a graphing calculator, model the data with a linear function using years 1 and 3, and using this function, predict the average number of lunches sold in 2019. Round to the nearest whole number.
- Perform the linear regression on the above data. It will be easier if you use Microsoft Excel (or an equivalent program) to perform the calculations. This video will help: https://www.khanacademy.org/math/probability/regression/regression-correlation/v/fitting-a-line-to-data
- State the slope and y-intercept.
- What does the slope represent in this case?
- What does the y-intercept represent in this case?
- Attach the scatter plot together with the graph of the line.
- Using the equation from regression analysis, predict the average price in 2019. Compare the results with part 1.
- the paper in length and cite and integrate at least one credible outside source.
- Include an introduction, a body, a conclusion, and a reference list.
- The introduction should summarize the problem and state what approach and method will be applied to solve it.
- The body of your paper should answer the questions posed in the problem, explain how you approached and answered the question or solved the problem, and for each question, show all steps involved.
- The conclusion should summarize your findings and what you have determined from the data and your analysis, with a broader or personal perspective in mind when applicable.
Model the data with a linear function using years 1 and 3, and using this function, predict the average number of lunches... View the full answer
- This will help when writing the paper. Thank you.
- Apr 02, 2018 at 7:16am