I have a test coming up and need help understanding concepts. The questions aren't for a grade just ones as examples that I needed some explanations. I appreciate it.
1. verify the following identities
(a) sinx + cosx = √2sin(x + π 4)
(b) sinx + 2cosx = √5sin(x + sin−1( 2 √5))
(c) cosx 1−sinx = 1+sinx cosx
(d) 1+cosx 1−cosx − 1−cosx 1+cosx = 4cotxcscx
(e) sinx + cosx = sinx 1−cotx + cosx 1−tanx
(f) (2sinx + cosx)2 + (2cosx−sinx)2 = 5 (g) secx−cosx + cscx−sinx−sinxtanx = cosxcotx
2. Find α if
(a) sinx−cosx = √2sin(x + α)
(b) 2sinx + 3cosx = √13sin(x + α)
(c) 3sinx + 4cosx = 5cos(x + α)
(d) −12sinx + 5cosx = 13cos(x + α)
3. Verify the identities
(a) tanx + cotx = 2csc2x
(b) 1 + tanxtan2x = sec2x
(c) sin2xcos2x = sin2x−4sin3 xcosx
4. Solve the following equations on the given domain:
(a) 5sin(3x−2)−2 = 0, D = [0,2π]
(b) 7cos(2x) = 4, D = [0,2π]
(c) 3tan(π−x) = −1, D = [0,2π]
(d) cosx = 3sinx, D = [0,2π]
Recently Asked Questions
- Suppose Pete was looking for a job for so long that he decided to give up looking for a job altogether. Pete has decided to retire and live with his parents.
- Develop a quality improvement program using the Six Sigma approach to decrease waiting time in emergency department.
- what is the main difference between a cross sectional design and a longitudinal design?