The daily cost C (in dollars) of removing pollution from the smokestack of a coal-fired electric power plant is related to the percent of pollution p being removed according to the equation 100C - Cp = 10,500.
- Solve this equation for C to write the daily cost as a function of p, the percent of pollution removed.
- What is the daily cost of removing 50% of the pollution?
- Why would this company probably resist removing 99% of the pollution?
The surface area of a cube is f(x) =6x2 square centimeters, where x is the length of the edge of the cube in centimeters.
- For what values of x does this model make sense? Is the model a one-to-one function for these values of x?
- What is the inverse of this function on this interval?
- How could the inverse function be used?
1) a. C(p) = 10,500/(100 - p) b. $210 c. The company would probably resist because cost to remove 99% of the... View the full answer
Sign up to view the full answer
A) 1) T he equation for cost C is C = 10,500/(100-p). 2) The cost of removing 50% pollution is $210 per day. 3) The... View the full answer