Sample Questions for Written Part of Final Exam
The bar graph shows the population of a country in millions for 4 selected years.
1. Use the data (in millions) from the bar graph to make a scatter plot for the total population P for x years after 1995.
2. Find a linear model for P using the data from 1995 and 2005. Round slope to two decimal places and constant to one decimal place. Solve for y.
3. Given: P(x) = 18.48x + 500.4
Does the given regression equation overestimate or underestimate the actual total population in 2010? By how much?
4. According to the given model for P(x), what is the predicted total population for 2050?
5. What is the percentage increase or decrease in the population from 1995 to 2010?
6. Discuss the advantages and limitations of a model for predicting the population. Use specific examples of application in your reasoning.
7. Explain why the domain of f(x) = (x+3)/(x - 4 ) is all real numbers except x = 4. Use the definition of a function in your explanation.
8. Solve the following equation for all real solutions: x4 - 7x3 + x - 7 = 0
9. Use row operations on an augmented matrix to solve the given system of linear equations.
x + 5y = 10
3x + 4y = 8
Recently Asked Questions
- Quizzes, tests, research projects and essays are all examples of which step in the critical thinking process?
- An object suspended from a spring with a spring constant of 2.56N/m vibrates with a frequency of 0.148 HZ. Refer to a 0.250 kg pendulum. See previous questions
- Hi I require an answer to the following question for my Diploma of HR management. The question is from unit BSBFIM502 - Manage Payroll. Question: Outline