Can you please show me how to solve: step by step?
Two brothers leave from the same point driving in opposite directions, the first brother driving at 60 miles per hour and the second at 65 mph. The first brother has a one-hour head start. If each brother has a communication device that allows him to talk to the other for up to a 250-mile range, how long will they be able to talk to eachother?
They will be able to talk to each other... View the full answer
Sign up to view the full answer
Here is the explanation for... View the full answer
- where does the 260 come in the equation?? why would it not be 250??
- May 02, 2018 at 11:45am
- it is 250. Kindly correct that. 60x+60 + 65x = 250, giving;125x = 190, x = 1.52 hrs x = 1 hour 31 minutes and 12 seconds
- May 02, 2018 at 11:50am
- what is the formula for converting the decimal to time?
- May 02, 2018 at 12:09pm
- 1.52 means you have 1 hour and 0.52 minutes. multiplying 0.52x60 gives 31.2 minutes which is 31 minutes and 0.2 seconds. Multiplying 0.2x60 gives 12 seconds
- May 02, 2018 at 12:13pm
- Teacher is saying it is incorrect. that the answer is 2 13/25
- May 02, 2018 at 12:53pm