6) Against the wind a small plane flew 715 miles in 2 hrs and 10 minutes, the return trip took only 1 hr 50 minutes. What was the speed of the wind? What was the speed of the plane in still air? Set up, but do not solve the system of equations corresponding to this word problem. You must label the variables together with proper units.
7) You select 6 numbers out of 49. How many possible outcomes there is?
8) A supervisor in a manufacturing plant has three men and 7 women working for him. He wants to choose three workers for a special job. What is the probability that his choice of 3 will include 2 males and one woman? Set up the sample space, and probability function for this problem. Then solve the problem. You may leave your final answer using in a form that uses sums, differences, products, quotients of terms using exponents, factorials, C(n,r), and/or P(n,r).
9) If Pr(A)= 0.6, Pr(B) = 0.4 and Pr(A ∩ B)= 0.3 = find: Pr(A / B) ? 10) If Pr(A)= 0.2, Pr(B) = 0.8 and Pr(A ∩ B)= 0.1 = find: Pr(B / A) ?
6) equation: when the plane flew against the wind: x − y = 330. equation: when the plane flew... View the full answer