Problem: An environmental group estimates that the amount of pollution in a pond will decrease by 10% each month. To determine the concentration C, of pollutants (in parts per million) after (m) months, the group uses the function C(m) = 23(0.95)m.
(1) to the nearest tenth, what will be the concentration of pollutants in the pond in 5 years?
(2) What was the initial concentration of pollutants in the pond?
I'm struggling with this one. I can't grasp the process and need a detailed reply not only of the correct answer but how to get the answer. I have several other problems similar to this one, so if I can understand this one I can do the rest. Thanks!
Recently Asked Questions
- What is meant by "ideal gas"? What is the model for an ideal gas? What is the equation of state for an ideal gas?
- How does deforestation lead to desertification, exlain?
- State a specific and accurate conclusion. Is your hypothesis supported by the results? Looking back, how could you have improved your experiment? (10 points)