Unit 5 Individual Project - A
1. The following chart shows some common angles with their degrees and radian
measures. Fill in the missing blanks by using the conversions between radians and
degrees to find your solutions. Show all work to receive full credit.
Work shown here:
2. An A-frame lake house is 21 feet wide. If the roof of the home makes a angle
with the base of the home, what is the length of the house from ground level to the peak
of the roof? Round final answer to the nearest foot.
Degrees 0° 45° 90° 270° 360°
3. Use common trigonometric identities for the functions given to find the indicated
trigonometric functions. (Hint: Remember the reciprocal properties of sine, cosine, and
tangent.) Show all work to receive full credit. Give answers in exact form - no decimals.
A. If and , what are the values of
B. If and , what are the values of
4. Solve the following application problem. Show all work to receive full credit.
A. A man at ground level measures the angle of elevation to the top of a building to be
. If, at this point, he is 15 feet from the building, what is the height of the building?
Draw a picture, show all work, and find the solution. Round to the nearest hundredths.
B. The same man now stands atop a building. He measures the angle of elevation to the
building across the street to be and the angle of depression (to the base of the
building) to be . If the two buildings are 50 feet apart, how tall is the taller building?
See the following figure. Round to the nearest hundredths.
5. A weather balloon B lies directly over a 1500-meter airstrip extending from A to C.
The angle of elevation from A to B is and from C to B is (Larson, Hostetler,
Find the distances from A to B and from C to B. Show all work to receive full credit.
Round to the nearest hundredths.
Recently Asked Questions
- Rowan consumes 4 pieces of pumpkin pie when the price is $ 3 per slice , but buys 8 pieces when the price falls to $ 2.50 . What is Rowan ’ s approximate
- Brian has a fixed budget per week for coffee and tea and follows the rational spending rule . His consumes 8 cups of coffee and 4 cups of tea per week . His
- Which of the following statements about term structure theories are true ?