3. Finding , , and Unusual Values. Assume that a procedure yields a binomial distribution with N trials and the probability of success for one trial is P. Use the given values of N and P to find the mean N and standard deviation , Also, use the range rule of thumb to find the minimum usual value -2 and the maximum usual value + 2 .
N=767, P= 1/6
4. Ten percent of American adults are left-handed. A statistics class has 25 students in attendance.
A. Find the mean and standard deviation for the number of left-handed students in such classes of 25 students.
B. Would it be unusual to survey a class of 25 students and find that 5 of them are left-handed? Why or why not?
Recently Asked Questions
- Why is it important to know how and when to use various leadership styles and managerial tools, especially for your success as a healthcare manager?
- Suppose that a firm begins to hire workers for a newly completed plant with a fixed amount of machinery . As the firm hires additional workers , one would
- In the market depicted in the diagram above , if the government imposes a price ceiling of $ 1.00 per gallon on gasoline , which of the following will result ?