3. Finding , , and Unusual Values. Assume that a procedure yields a binomial distribution with N trials and the probability of success for one trial is P. Use the given values of N and P to find the mean N and standard deviation , Also, use the range rule of thumb to find the minimum usual value -2 and the maximum usual value + 2 .
N=767, P= 1/6
4. Ten percent of American adults are left-handed. A statistics class has 25 students in attendance.
A. Find the mean and standard deviation for the number of left-handed students in such classes of 25 students.
B. Would it be unusual to survey a class of 25 students and find that 5 of them are left-handed? Why or why not?
Recently Asked Questions
- If both demand and supply decrease , what will be the effect on the equilibrium price and quantity ?
- a. Octane is a component of gasoline. Write a balanced chemical reaction for the combustion of octane and then use bond enthalpies to calculate the
- In 2015 , the minimum wage according to federal law was $ 7.25 per hour . Increasing minimum wage to $ 8 per hour approximately a 10 % increase will probably