Read the “JET Copies” Case Problem on pages 678-679 of the text. Using simulation estimate the loss of revenue due to copier breakdown for one year, as follows:
1. In Excel, use a suitable method for generating the number of days needed to repair the copier, when it is out of service, according to the discrete distribution shown.
2. In Excel, use a suitable method for simulating the interval between successive breakdowns, according to the continuous distribution shown.
3. In Excel, use a suitable method for simulating the lost revenue for each day the copier is out of service.
4. Put all of this together to simulate the lost revenue due to copier breakdowns over 1 year to answer the question asked in the case study.
5. In a word processing program, write a brief description/explanation of how you implemented each component of the model. Write 1-2 paragraphs for each component of the model (days-to-repair; interval between breakdowns; lost revenue; putting it together).
6. Answer the question posed in the case study. How confident are you that this answer is a good one? What are the limits of the study? Write at least one paragraph.
Recently Asked Questions
- GEOG 101 APUS REFERENCES TO USE: H. J. DeBlij and Peter O. Muller. Geography - Realms, Regions, and Concepts, 16th edition. New York: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.,
- Note: In this chapter and in all succeeding work throughout the course, unless instructed otherwise , calculate hourly rates and overtime rates as follows: 1.
- First read the following article about pH indicators: http://chemwiki.ucdavis.edu/Physical_Chemistry/Acids_and_Bases/Case_Studies/Acid_and_Base_Indicators In