Examples of the binomial and poisson distributions are all around us.
* Identify a real-life example or application of either the binomial or Poisson distribution.
* Specify how the conditions for that distribution are met.
* Suggest reasonable values for n and p (binomial) or mu (poisson) for your example.
* Calculate the mean and standard deviation of the distribution for your example.
Recently Asked Questions
- Student-t distribution table with a 99% confidence level and an n of 21 what is the critical value of t? In a left-tailed test and and an n of 29 what is the
- One of the major risks in the economy is the oil price. Many financial assets are severely affected by the oil price. Consider a natural gas company and an
- Was life in post-World War 2 America characterized more by its affluence or its anxieties? Explain both trends and give specific examples as you make your