2. Which of the following scale factors would produce an expansion under a dilation of the original image? (Points : 1)
3. Where might the center of dilation for a given figure lie? (Points : 1)
on the figure
outside the figure
inside the figure
all of the above
4. A dilation has a scale factor of 1/4. What term best describes this type of dilation? (Points : 1)
5. What must be true about the image of ΔJKL under a dilation with a scale factor of 2/3 and center of dilation at point C?
(Points : 1)
The image is smaller than ΔJKL and on the same side of point C as ΔJKL.
The image is larger than ΔJKL and on the same side of point C as ΔJKL.
The image is smaller than ΔJKL and on the opposite side of point C from ΔJKL.
The image is larger than ΔJKL and on the opposite side of point C from ΔJKL.
Recently Asked Questions
- The top of a swimming pool is at ground level. If the pool is 3.00 m deep, how far below ground level does the bottom of the pool appear to be located for the
- Consider the interference/ diffraction pattern from a three-slit arrangement as shown. Take d=3.5a. The wavelength of the monochromatic light incident upon the
- A positively charged particle moves at a velocity v perpendicular to a magnetic field B. If the magnitude of the velocity v is doubled, then the magnitude of