2. Evaluate the function f(x) = 9x - 6 for x=3.
3. Take a look at the following table:
a. Write out an equation for f(x). Assume the function is linear.
b. What is the slope? Is it negative or positive? What information do we get from the slope?
4. Suppose you have a cookie stand, and when you charge $3 per cookie box you sell 250 boxes. But when you raise your price to $4 you only sell 120 boxes.
a. Write an equation for the number of boxes you sell as a function of the price you charge.
b. Denote "B" for number of boxes, and "P" for the price you charge.
c. Assume the function is linear..
5. A reservation clerk worked 12.6 hours one day. She spent twice as much time entering new reservations as she did verifying old ones and one and a half as much time calling to confirm reservations as verifying old ones. How much time did she spend entering new reservations?
Differentiate between a function and a linear function.
Know the mathematical equation of a standard linear function.
Know how to compute the slope of a line.
Recently Asked Questions
- Peter Kumar has developed a software application that will reduce costs and increase server speed for corporations of all sizes. Even with this useful
- Chapter 2: Solving Problem, page 60 # 3. The diagnostic department at Saints Memorial Hospital provides medical tests and evaluations for patients, ranging
- What is the relationship between price and quantity demanded: indeterminate, positive, negative or all 3 listed? Which of the following will NOT cause an