View the step-by-step solution to:

Within a large metropolitan area, 20% of the commuters currently use the public transportation system, whereas the remaining 80% commute via...

Within a large metropolitan area, 20% of the commuters currently use the public transportation system, whereas the remaining 80% commute via automobile. The city has recently revitalized and expanded its public transportation system. It is expected that 6 months from now 30% of those who are now commuting to work via automobile will switch to public transportation, and 70% will continue to commute via automobile. At the same time, it is expected that 80% of those now using public transportation will commute via automobile and 20% will continue to use public transportation. In the long run, what percentage of the commuters will be using public transportation? (Round your answer to the nearest percent.)

Recently Asked Questions

Why Join Course Hero?

Course Hero has all the homework and study help you need to succeed! We’ve got course-specific notes, study guides, and practice tests along with expert tutors.

-

Educational Resources
  • -

    Study Documents

    Find the best study resources around, tagged to your specific courses. Share your own to gain free Course Hero access.

    Browse Documents
  • -

    Question & Answers

    Get one-on-one homework help from our expert tutors—available online 24/7. Ask your own questions or browse existing Q&A threads. Satisfaction guaranteed!

    Ask a Question