You should consider the following instructions when answering the case study questions and preparing your report:
I) For confidence intervals:
• Check all assumptions.
• Interpret the results.
II) For testing hypothesis:
• State the null and alternative hypotheses.
• Check the necessary assumptions.
• Report the P-value and the test statistic.
• Make a conclusion statement in the words of the original problem.
III) For the report
• Should be typed.
• On the first page, write the names, student numbers, and section number.
• All pages must be stapled together.
• Show all of your work.
• The report should have the following item
# Table of Contents
# Executive Summary
# Main text
Case Study Questions: answer ALL of the following questions to help the manager preparing his report.
1. Use descriptive statistics to summarize the data.
2. Construct a 95% confidence interval of the mean annual salary for all salespersons.
3. Construct a 95% confidence interval of the mean salary for inside salespersons.
4. Is there any significant difference due to position? Use a 0.05 level of significance
5. Construct a 95% confidence interval estimate of the mean salary difference for inside and outside salespersons.
6. Explain how your conclusion in part 4 can be derived from part 5.
7. Is there any significant difference due to years of experience? Use a 0.05 level of significance.
8. Give point estimates for the proportion of salespersons according to their positions.
9. Is there a difference between the proportions of inside and outside salesman? Use a 0.05 level of significance.
10. Construct a 95% confidence interval of the difference between the proportions for inside and outside salespersons.
11. Test the significance of the relation between salesperson position and experience.
Please see the attached... View the full answer