1. Throught the origin with slope 5.
2.Through (3,4) and parallel to 4x-2y=5.
3. Through (6,8) and perpendicular to y=2x-3.
Accourding to data from the U.S. Cenusu Bureau, the number of retail drugs perscriptions (in millions) can be approximated by y=136.25x+1443.75,
where x=5 corresponds to 1995. Find the approximate number of prescriptions in the following years.
(c) Assuming that this model remains accurate, in what year will the number of prescriptions be 4,850,000,000?
According to the data from the U.S. Department of Commerce, movie-theater box-office receipts (in millions of dollars) in year x can be approximated by y= 535.43x+5362.21, where x=0 corresponds to 1995. Assume that this equation remains valid until 2012.
(a) estimate the box-office receipts in 2004.
(b) in what year will the box-office receipts be $14 billion?
This question was asked on Jan 15, 2013 and answered on Jan 15, 2013.
Recently Asked Questions
- Describe the characteristics of a successful local emergency manager. What kinds of experience, training, and education should that person have to work in your
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from Homework Assignment 5 Derivatives.
- Choose a professional nursing organization that relates to the nursing profession or your clinical practice area. Assuming that you are the chairperson of