An average of 30 new batches of parts are produced in a factory each month to meet the monthly demand. On average,
a batch consists of 60 parts to be processed through 10 machines. The operation time per machine per part is 18 min. The non-operation time per batch at each machine averages 8.5 hours, and the required setup time per batch at each machine is 4 hours. Set up is done one machine at a time. During its regular shifts, the plant operates 160 hr/month and there are 20 machines in the factory.
- a) Manufacturing Lead Time (MLT) for an average part
- b) Average Production Rate (Rp) of a machine
- c) Plant Capacity on a monthly basis (PC)
- d) Utilization of the plant (U%)
- e) Do you think Overtime has been
- authorized in order to keep up with the
- demand? Explain.
- f) Average level of Work-in-Process
- (number of parts in process, WIP)
- g) Work-in-Process ratio (WIP Ratio)
- assuming 20 orders each consisting of 50 parts manufactured in 160 hours per month.
- h) Time-in-Process ratio (TIP Ratio)
------ SHOW YOUR CALCULATIONS and SOLUTION IN AN EASY-TO-FOLLOW WAY -