dsFigure below shows a chemical system in which the temperature increases with the feed rate of flow-controlled stream A. Heat is removed by water circulation through a water cooled heat exchanger. Normal reactor temperature is 200°F, but a catastrophic runaway will start if the temperature reached 300°F. In view of this situation:
1. The reactor temperature is monitored (by TE/TT 714).
2. Rising temperature is alarmed at 225°F (see Horn).
3. An interlock shuts off stream A at 250°F, stopping the reaction (SV-1).
4. The operator can initiate the interlock by punching the panic switch (NC).
a) Construct the fault tree for this system.
b) Obtain the minimal cut sets.
(I am really sorry.
I thought that I have sent it.
Please check the file bellow)
Recently Asked Questions
- Marr Company sells its products in reusable containers . The customer is charged a deposit for each container delivered and receives a refund for each
- Gaucher Corporation has provided the following data from its activity-based costing accounting system : The activity rate for the '' designing products ''
- Which statement is true ?