I need help creating a weather briefing from a convective outlook from the SPC. Basically I need to gather different weather products and write the briefing to support why the selected area had probability of thunderstorms
These are the instrictions, for some reason I am not able to upload a screenshot :
- Go to the Storm Prediction Center's site with the latest convective outlooks and check out the current Day 1 convective outlook. For this lab, you'll need a convective outlook that has an area with a slight risk ("SLGT") of severe thunderstorms or greater. If the Day 1 convective outlook does not contain a slight risk area, browse the Day 2 and Day 3 outlooks--they'll give you a heads-up on whether conditions might be suitable for you to collect a Day 1 outlook for the lab in the coming days. If you're having trouble locating a satisfactory Day 1 convective outlook, click here and follow the alternative instructions.
- Once you've have an appropriate Day 1 convective outlook, save the image to your computer. Now, you need to collect data that will allow you to write a briefing on how the synoptic conditions pointed to an outbreak of severe weather in your chosen risk area (if your outlook has multiple distinct risk areas, only focus on one of them). The types of data that you collect should allow you to document the types of "big picture" things you learned about in Lesson 3. You have some freedom in selecting the specific images you want to include to document your description of the synoptic situation, but you should at least include a relevant surface analysis (or forecast chart), a timely 500 mb analysis or forecast of heights / absolute vorticity, and a relevant analysis or forecast at 850 mb and / or 300 mb (whether you need one or both may depend on the weather situation).
Recently Asked Questions
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from Chap015.
- The capital markets and the ability to raise funds for corporate uses are essential to the U.S. economic systems. For this assignment, imagine that you have
- The rise in antibiotic resistance is due , in part , to