7 weeks baby girl was brought into the hospital with a rash on the palms of her hands and soles of her feet only with fever, cough and high WBC count. The baby was premature 35 weeks at a weight of 2.97kg. She was treated with Penicillin G for 14 days & testing after that showed the treatment was successful. The parents were treated too.
- What infection does she have and how would you identify the sources and why?
- Name the causative agent and what are the virulence factors for it?
- What type of testing would you use to make sure of your diagnosis?
- At what stage of the infection is she, and why? Explain the microbial and the immune response.
- Why penicillin like antibiotics is effective and how does that relate to the virulence factors for the pathogen?
Recently Asked Questions
- How do I show a comparison in WHS, highlighting the differences between effective information and data delivery during participation and ineffective
- What is the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) responsibility concerning a contractual dispute?
- [ 5 pts ] The glowing filament in a lamp is radiating energy at a rate of 60 W . At the filament ’ s temperature of 1500 ° C , the emissivity is 0.23 . What