A patient came into the office suffering from flu like symptoms, accompanied by Fever, Abdominal pain, Back pain, Chills, Excessive sweating, Fatigue with joints pain. The fever has been an up and down fever. The patient said he had visited a farm a week ago and had drunk milk. He did not know if the milk or the yoghurt he had caused this.
- What infection does he have? Name the causative agent.
- How did he become infected with this microbe? Explain the pathogenesis of this disease.
- What are the virulence factors for this pathogen? What would be the treatment based on the virulence factors and why? Why is it considered as a food borne illness yet there are no symptoms that indicating it is?
- Name another agent that also causes infection but in pasteurized dairy products? What are the virulence factors for this pathogen? How would you treat it based on that?
- The patient does not have diarrhea, however how would the type of diarrhea assist in the identification of diseases. Give at least 3 examples stating the agent its disease, type of diarrhea, virulence factors and treatment.
Recently Asked Questions
- QUESTION 94 1. An unidentified patient is brought to the emergency department by ambulance after being hit by a motor vehicle. She has
- QUESTION 93 1. A 44-year-old male patient presents in a hypertensive crisis. The blood pressure is 240/136 mm Hg, pulse is 128 b.p.m. and
- QUESTION 92 1. When ruling out meningitis in a patient, the AGACP appreciates that the spinal fluid is cloudy and the glucose content is 20