A urine specimen was collected at 10:00am, the specimen was received
in the lab at 11:45 am received in the lab, and the CLS performing urinalysis on a lunch break at 12:00 noon and returned at 1:00pm, the specimen was left at room temperature until the CLS returned from and performed the test.
Results obtained on the specimen were as follows:
Appearance sl. hazy
Specific Gravity 1.026
Leukocyte esterase negative
The microscopic examination of the urine revealed the presence of bacteria only.
1. Which results are abnormal?
2. State the reason for any abnormal results.
3. If there is a discrepancy in the test results, if yes, what test results are discrepant?
4. Do the test results indicate a pre analytical of analytical error, if yes which test (s)?
5. Relate the significance of the positive test for nitrite along with the other
261,329 students got unstuck by Course
Hero in the last week
Our Expert Tutors provide step by step solutions to help you excel in your courses