hoose a major U.S. company, research the company and the market(s) in which it competes, and prepare a presentation of 10-12 PowerPoint slides (with detailed speaker notes). Using information from the business press, AIU's Library, IBIS World, and the Internet, address the following in your presentation:
- Describe the firm, including such information as its products and annual sales.
- Describe the product market(s) in which it operates.
- Which of the four market models that you are studying applies most closely? Explain.
- Be sure to define terms like oligopoly or monopolistic competition.
- What is the geographic market that it serves? Does it operate in only one region of the United States? Does it operate nationally or internationally? Explain.
- Who are its competitors?
- As part of the market description, identify the largest 2-4 firms in the market, and report their total market sales.
- Provide a description of each of these firms.
- Explain whether competition from these firms poses a threat to the firm you have chosen for the paper.
- As part of the description of the firm, identify, describe, and explain at least 2 economic concepts that this firm seems to use to its advantage.
- Examples might include product differentiation; attainment of economies of scale; advertising; whether the firm is regional, national, or international; and so on.
- You may include an explanation of how any significant recent events or changes in this market have affected this firm. Examples are mergers and acquisitions, technological change, legal issues, whether market demand is expanding, and so on.
- Provide your evaluation of how this firm might better respond to the challenges it faces.
Recently Asked Questions
- 8)The common stock of The Burger Hut is selling for $18.27 a share. The company has earnings per share of $0.73 and a book value per share of $5.03. What is
- Is political polarization a concern for politics? Why Do any of the trends identified in the study make you concerned about increasing polarization?
- Part A : As a terrorist organization in the U.S., the KKK gained ½ million members during Reconstruction (1865-1877), then almost disappeared, then grew to