The Week 4 assignment is a group project. During Week 4 or earlier, five to six students are
assigned groups. Each group leader will submit the assignment on behalf of their group. Each group selects one factual business example then, responds to the following:
- Distinguish among four market structures: perfect competition, monopolistic competition, oligopoly, and monopoly in this order.
- Identify your company's market structure (i.e., perfect competition, monopolistic competition, oligopoly, and monopoly), explaining your reasoning.
- Examine whether competitive pressures are present in your company's industry with high barriers to entry.
- Evaluate how high barriers to entry into the industry may influence your company's long-run profitability.
- Explain the price elasticity of demand in your company's market structure and its effect on your company's pricing decision.
- Investigate whether government regulations encourage or discourage your business relative to its industry.
- Analyze how the role of the government may affect your market structure's ability to price its products.
I only need to do the last bullet. ON COSTCO....in relation to the above bullet prompts that a group is doing. need scholarly or peer resource as well.
Recently Asked Questions
- A radio news story claimed that half of all U.S. adults have Internet access. In a national poll about Internet usage (The Pew Internet Project), 12,638 U.S.
- Based on data from the 2000 Census the average age of a Baldwin County, Alabama resident is 39 years with a standard deviation of 22. 6 . The data is normally
- A random survey of 600 registered voters revealed that only 39% actually voted in the last primary election. We are interested in the population proportion of