Debussy: Prélude à l'Après-midi d'un faune YouTube link to the song: https://youtu.be/bYyK922PsUw
- Describe Debussy's use of melody in this work. Characterize what you hear based on melodic descriptors.
2. Discuss Debussy's treatment of rhythm in this work. Can you locate a strong beat or pulse? What effect is created by its presence or absence?
Ives: Three Places in New England, Putnam's Camp, Redding, Connecticut YouTube link to the song: https://youtu.be/tQMfYOCTvwk
- For the element of harmony and dynamics, use a separate sentence describing the creative way Ives expressed each in this work.
2. Ives intended this work to reflect a child's impression of a Fourth of July picnic. Using the Listening Outline, identify two recognizable events that caught your attention as illustrated by the music. Use the counter to indicate specific points in the musical timeline.
3. Describe the aesthetic impact of the dissonance. Compare that to how you felt when hearing a recognizable melody.
1. Describe Debussy's use of melody in this work. Characterize what you hear based on melodic descriptors. The... View the full answer