Part 1: Music Theory
Study the score, and then answer the questions.
1. Name the pitches of these notes in the treble clef.
measure 1, beat 1
measure 2, beat 3
measure 4, beat 2
measure 15, beat 1
2. In order, name all of pitches for the notes in the third measure of the bass clef.
3. What is the time signature for this piece?
4. How many beats does the first note (in the treble clef) in measure 2 receive?
5. How many beats does the second note (in the treble clef) in measure 12 receive?
6. How many beats does the rest in measure 16 receive?
7. What key is this piece in?
8. Which scale key matches the key of this piece--the top, middle, or bottom scale?
9. What accidental is used in measure 15? How does this accidental alter the original note?
10. What is the Italian term for the mark p in measure 1, and what does it mean?
11. What is the Italian term for the mark mf in measure 9, and what does it mean?
12. What do the dots below the repeated notes in measure 18 mean?
13. What is the Italian term for this mark in measure 6, and what does it mean?
14. Which measure has a double bar line?
15. What is the name of the curved line above the notes in measures 5 and 6, and what does it mean?
16. What is the meaning of the Italian term andante at the top of the piece?
17. Using the letters A and B, label the score directly to name the form of the piece.
18. Using the letters A and B, label the score directly with each letter indicating the start of a new section.
19. If measures1 and 2 are the main motive in the piece, what variation technique is used to develop the main motive in measures 17-20?
20. What is the name of the staff this piece is written on?
Part 2: Music History
Answer the question in a detailed essay.
21. Describe in detail the life and significant contributions that one of the listed composers made to music. Choose only one composer from the list. Be sure to include the following information in your essay:
· period in which the composer lived (medieval, Renaissance, Baroque, Classical, Romantic, modern)
· background of the style of music in the time in which the composer lived
· important events in the composer's life
· the style(s) of music each composer is best known for
· the composer's important musical compositions
· characteristics commonly found in the composer's works from the time period (elements of the compositional style)
· why you think this composer is unique and important to the history of music
· your opinion of the composer's music
· Hildegard von Bingen
· Guillaume de Machaut
· Orlande de Lassus
· Giovanni Gabrieli
· J.S. Bach
· Antonio Vivaldi
· Joseph Haydn
· W.A. Mozart
· Ludwig van Beethoven
· Hector Berlioz
· Robert Schumann
· Richard Wagner
· Arnold Schoenberg
· Igor Stravinsky
Please answer all of the questions listed above. Somebody please. I need the answer ASAP. Thank you so much! I would really appreciate it.
Recently Asked Questions
- Need help answering all parts on this homework problem
- Company XYZ wants to maximize the profit for two products A and B which are sold at $ 25 and $ 20 respectively. There are 1800 resource units
- Need help answering this home work problem. Finding a hard time looking back at my notes to figure it out.