1. Describe the four major elements of Classical style: melody, harmony, texture, and style.
2. Name and describe the three parts of sonata form.
3. Trace the development of the symphony. Answer the following questions in your description:
· When did the symphony first emerge as a musical form?
· What major composer was partly responsible for the development of the symphony?
What is the form for a symphony?
4. Choose Mozart or Beethoven, and describe in detail the contributions that he made to the Classical era. Be sure to include important musical compositions, Classical characteristics commonly found in his works, and primary elements of his compositional style.
5. Explain the effect and importance of dynamics in a piece of music. Use accurate terminology. Be as specific as possible. Give examples to support your ideas.