- In her cantata Lagrime mie (NAWM 77), Strozzi uses a variety of singing styles ranging from recitative to aria to something between (arioso). Indicate the measure numbers at which those changes in style occur and briefly describe the character of each section. Why do you think Strozzi chose to use the singing styles in this order? What about the structure of the text and its meaning may have influenced her composition choices?
- How does Schütz use changes of texture and style to depict the events and text of Saul, was verfolgst du mich (NAWM 81)? What types of style and texture does he use?
- Complete list of the new forms of vocal music described in Chapter 11. Briefly describe the characteristics of each form and provide an example of each from NAWM.
Recently Asked Questions
- "Beauty: When the other dancer is self." : 1) how does she use cause and effect to illustrate a deeper truth about people.
- What costing system is used to assign costs to a distinct, identifiable job or service? A. Job costing system B. Process costing system C. Average
- Overview: For the final project, you will work through components of a case study in which you will assume the role of a lead auditor at Willis & Adams. Your