- In her cantata Lagrime mie (NAWM 77), Strozzi uses a variety of singing styles ranging from recitative to aria to something between (arioso). Indicate the measure numbers at which those changes in style occur and briefly describe the character of each section. Why do you think Strozzi chose to use the singing styles in this order? What about the structure of the text and its meaning may have influenced her composition choices?
- How does Schütz use changes of texture and style to depict the events and text of Saul, was verfolgst du mich (NAWM 81)? What types of style and texture does he use?
- Complete list of the new forms of vocal music described in Chapter 11. Briefly describe the characteristics of each form and provide an example of each from NAWM.
Recently Asked Questions
- How to differentiate a pseudo cycle if given a branching pathway in anabolic and catabolic pathways.
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from Cisco Case.docx.
- A stock had annual returns of 11.3 percent, 9.8 percent, −7.3 percent, and 14.6 percent for the past four years. Based on this information, what is the 95