- In her cantata Lagrime mie (NAWM 77), Strozzi uses a variety of singing styles ranging from recitative to aria to something between (arioso). Indicate the measure numbers at which those changes in style occur and briefly describe the character of each section. Why do you think Strozzi chose to use the singing styles in this order? What about the structure of the text and its meaning may have influenced her composition choices?
- How does Schütz use changes of texture and style to depict the events and text of Saul, was verfolgst du mich (NAWM 81)? What types of style and texture does he use?
- Complete list of the new forms of vocal music described in Chapter 11. Briefly describe the characteristics of each form and provide an example of each from NAWM.
Recently Asked Questions
- While studying for your PMP exam , you are invited to participate in a study group . At your first meeting another attendee announces that he has “ real ,
- Because computers were so expensive , computer memory was also at a premium , so system developers conserved as much memory as possible for ________ .
- Please help me with Part A.