You are required to attend two(2) professionally organised networking events related to your professional field. These maybe hosted through CPA, CA, EA or ACS.
At these events you need to introduce yourself to two (2) people who are currently working in or associated with your field of expertise. Ask each of these individuals for a business card and advice on how to get started in the industry. answer the following questions using Microsoft Word in a report format ensuring you use the style guide provided.
1. Describe each event or situation.
2. When and wherewas it held?
3. What was your 'introductorypitch'? What did you say when introducing yourself and outlining your background?
4. Insert below the contact details. You can type them or scan in the business card of one of thepeople you met at the event.
5.Describe the professional behaviours you demonstrated at this event that ensured that you were projecting a professional and business ready image. Give one example each of how you met the following standards:
· Business standards
· Ethical standards
· Social standards
· Cultural standards
6. How did you ensure that the people you met felt comfortable in your presence? Give examples that are both non-verbal and verbal.
7. What advice did the person provide you, whose details you obtained, on how to get a start in the industry and feedback given on your introductory pitch?
8. Obtain from the contact information related to a speciality area within your chosen field e.g. forensicaccounting or civil engineering. Include any additional advice your second contact gaveyou on this speciality area.
10. Following these events, what was the most valuable thing you learnt about getting a start in the industry?
11. Why do you believe this is the most valuable thing for you?
12. What would you do differently at your next networking opportunity? Please list actions and reasons.
Recently Asked Questions
- Define the differences between motivation and persuasion and describe a time where you tried to do both. Remember to cite your sources for your definitions. If
- Look at each graph and then explain which equation goes with which graph.
- Looking back on your time with your mentor, would you consider him a servant leader as described by the seven distinct characteristics outlined by R.