1. State a situation where wireless network is preferred over a wired network. Justify your
The doctor in a medical office can access online patient files while moving between patient wards.
The doctor can access the network from anywhere within the range.
2. Identify two types of metrics that are used to measure a network performance with regards to its Quality of Services (QoS).
They are Delay and Loss.
3. John is camping at a remote are in a mountainous terrain. He likes to communicate with his friend who is staying in the city, using a video conferencing application on his laptop via the Internet. Identify a suitable type of wireless technology that John can use to connect to the Internet. Explain your answer. (State the necessary assumptions).
It is LoRaWan.
It provides seamless interoperability without the need of complex local installations.
4. You reformatted the last partition (Partition 3) of the hard disk with FAT32 file system. After that, you tried to copy a 5GB video file from Partition 2 to Partition 3 but it was unsuccessful.
Assuming there is nothing wrong with the hardware, what is the cause of the unsuccessful copying of the video file. Explain your answer.
FAT32 file system cannot accept more than 4GB file transfer of files.
It is due to the file length field in directory table.
5. Your mother frequently bought things successfully from the online webstore, www.theonlinepetstore.com.sg. This time she paid for a cat litter box from this familiar looking website, however she never received the item.
You captured the HTTP request that your mom's browser sent out:
GET /index.html HTTP/1.1
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE5.01; Windows NT)
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
The server responded with:
HTTP/1.1 302 Found
Followed by another service response:
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 12:28:53 GMT
Server: Apache/2.2.14 (Win32)
Last-Modified: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 19:15:56 GMT
<h1>We have all your pet supplies!</h1>
*Note that the website content does not matter for this question and has been replaced by the three (3) vertical dots (.)
a. Did she connect successfully to www.theonlinepetstore.com.sg? Provide evidence for your answer?
The browser creates and sends a request message: GET/index.html HTTP/1.1, Host: www.theonlinepetstore.com.sg.
The server creates and sends the response message: HTTP/1.1 200 OK.
b. Based on your above answers and observations, provide the most likely reason why she did not receive her items from the online retail website?
These are my answers for Questions 1 to 5. Please kindly check are my answers correct and explain Question 1: Please quote me another example for Q1 and explain why you quote the example that you have given, Question 2: the definitions and functions of Delay and Loss, Question 3: Please provide one type of wireless technology and explain the answer that you have given and Question 5.