Tourism to natural destinations is booming. People who are tied to their cell phones, computers, and televisions
are yearning to get back to nature. Your roommate, who majored in tourism at your university, has started a business with some friends to meet this need. The business, called Ecotourism, takes groups of people to natural destinations such as national parks in the United States, Costa Rica, and Chile. Trips involve varying levels of activity, so each trip is graded on its level of required fitness (for example, fitness level code represents "hiking required" on the trip, etc.).
The company is growing rapidly and needs your help. One of the owners of Ecotourism heard from your roommate that you are proficient in Microsoft Access. You have been hired to design an application to help automate their registration tasks and support their reporting needs
- They need to register customers for trips. Specifically, the customer's name, address, phone number, e-mail address, and credit card number need to be recorded along with the number of people in their traveling party.
- Trips are identified with a unique TripNo and the destination, dates (start and end), price, and the required fitness level (a code that represents the required level of fitness description) and the customers signed up for the trip (if any) need to be kept track of.
In addition, the owners would like the database to answer some questions. First, they want to be able to see which trips cost less than $3,000. For example, many people are interested in getting back to nature, but they cannot afford the more exotic destinations. By advertising trips that are more economical, Ecotourism is hoping to attract a larger clientele. Next, the owners want to be able to determine the total number of people on each trip. This is important for accommodation bookings and other capacity planning.
What is the best ERD to satisfy the information requirements above? (Use one-to-one rule and one-to-many rule only)
Recently Asked Questions
- how port address translation and network address translation work. Be descriptive, discuss from the perspective of your home network/router. What are the
- You have a patient monitoring network which consists of a single central station and 40 patient monitors all connected to a hub located in the IDF. Your
- show me about physical characteristics Ethernet standards for coaxial cable, STP, UTP, and fiber-optic media. differences benefits and limitations of different