Describe, and critique, one application with regard to its transmission requirements, such as bandwidth, latency, reliable delivery, in-sequence delivery, and jitter. Example applications include:
• Stored unicast video
• Stored multicast video
• Live unicast video
• Live multicast video
• Live 2-way video phone
• Live multi-way video phone
• Bulk file transfer (FTP, HTTP download)
• Remote desktop (Microsoft RDC, VNC)
• Infrastructure traffic (DNS, DHCP, routing protocols, router hot spare protocol, inter-server heartbeat for clusters)
• Client-server database
• Storage Area Network (SAN) connections (iSCSI)
• SNMP or other management protocols
Choose an application, and evaluate its needs for these requirements.
Propose a way of provisioning an Enterprise LAN so that this application gets the best performance. Do you see areas of possible conflict? Can you think of other parameters to be considered along with the ones mentioned above? These could be any resource or constraint that would affect the behavior of the network.
Answer:) Chosen application: Stored unicast video In a stored unicast video, every user in the network who wishes to view... View the full answer
- thank you!
- Jul 20, 2016 at 11:22am