The lived experience of people like Sandy Jeffs is the focus of, and reflected in, policy documents like the National framework for recovery-oriented mental health services: guide for practitioners and providers (http://www.health.gov.au/internet/main/publishing.nsf/content/mental-pubs-n-recovgde )
Explain how the lived experience of Sandy Jeffs, as told through stories and poetry, enable mental health professionals to align their practice with the recovery principles as outlined in the National Recovery framework for recovery orientated mental health services.
In your discussion you need to address the following:
- The concept of the lived experience of mental health and illness;
- The concept of recovery in the experience of mental health and illness;
- An outline of the main ideas from the National framework for recovery-oriented mental health services: guide for practitioners and providers;
- Provide examples from the work of Sandy Jeffs to illustrate your argument about how mental health professionals can implement recovery orientated practice.
- You must, at a minimum, refer to the two poems by Sandy Jeffs, and the audio-visual link, located with this question on the LEO site.
- Links have been placed on LEO to the Department Health site A National framework for recovery-oriented mental health services: guide for practitioners and providers. You must access this document but you may access other academic sources to support your discussion.
Recently Asked Questions
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from ch10.
- Read the case study titled, "Integrative Case 1: 3i Group's Private Equity Investment in China's Little Sheep," located on page 391 of your textbook. Write a
- Project : Buckland - Soccer Simulator Paper Language : C++ Source was made with Visual Studio 2010, on a machine running Windows Vista. This is old source