A patient's abdominal ultrasound reveals several stones in the common bile duct and gallbladder. He is admitted to the medical-surgical unit and placed on nothing by mouth (NPO) status and scheduled to undergo endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP).
1. What is the rational for the treatment of acute cholecystitits with the following interventions.
A. NPO with possible NG suction
B. Antibiotics (which route)
2. what is ERCP and indication for it based on this patient's status.
3. Which results are abnormal, and what do they reflect?
Recently Asked Questions
- Explain some of the ways in which Richard Nixon’s presidency affected African-Americans in the late 60s and early 70s. How might early “Blaxploitation”
- If one individual behaves in a socially inappropriate manner , he or she is considered deviant , but if several individuals behave this way , it is referred to
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from OR120 - Study.docx. Additional comments: "answers are: a. emotional