A patient's abdominal ultrasound reveals several stones in the common bile duct and gallbladder. He is admitted to the medical-surgical unit and placed on nothing by mouth (NPO) status and scheduled to undergo endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP).
1. What is the rational for the treatment of acute cholecystitits with the following interventions.
A. NPO with possible NG suction
B. Antibiotics (which route)
2. what is ERCP and indication for it based on this patient's status.
3. Which results are abnormal, and what do they reflect?
Recently Asked Questions
- A confidence interval for a population mean is to be estimated. The population standard deviation is guessed to be anywhere from 14 to 24. The half-width B
- A rectangular rug has a perimeter of 460 meters. The width of the rug is five meters more than 4 times the length. Find the length and the width.
- Wannaburger is newly opened in a city as it would attract more visitors. Serving fresh ingredients to deliver best burger experience to customers is objective.