You have a four-patient assignment. It is 0900, and you have completed your initial assessments. You are working with a nursing assistant. The nursing assistant has 10 patients and is working with three nurses. You want to delegate some tasks to the nursing assistant. Select tasks that you might delegate. Explain your rationale from a team building and delegation point of view. Develop a sequence of sentences to delegate a task to a nursing assistant. Remember that delegation is not complete until the delegatee accepts responsibility.
- Mr. Black (70-year-old male, diagnosis: urinary tract infection). Mr. Black is alert but is experiencing some confusion. Vital signs are ordered every four hours. He is experiencing urinary frequency. He needs to be reminded to use the urinal rather than getting out of bed on his own to use the bathroom.
- Ms. Swanson (58-year-old female, diagnosis: admitted for a hysterectomy). Ms. Swanson had a hysterectomy two days ago. Her postoperative course has been uncomplicated. The surgeon wants Ms. Swanson to ambulate three times per day. Her vital signs are stable. She is alert, oriented, and cooperative.
- Mr. Johnson (25-year-old male, new admit, diagnosis: suspected Crohn's disease). Mr. Johnson has been having abdominal pain and severe bouts of diarrhea for the past several months. He was admitted this morning. He is NPO to rest his bowels and to prepare for an upper gastrointestinal series. He has IV fluids running and prn pain medications.
- Mrs. Tolento (66-year-old female, diagnosis: congestive heart failure). Mrs. Tolento is a new transfer to your unit. She was admitted four days ago with -fluid overload. She has history of CHF and takes diuretics, digoxin, and an ACE inhibitor at home. She is alert and oriented. She is on 2L of O2 with oxygen saturation at 93%. Vital signs are ordered every four hours. She is on strict I&O. She has a Foley catheter.
Recently Asked Questions
- Formation of a precipitate when solutions of magnesium nitrateand potassium hydroxide are mixed. No 3 - + k + -->No 3 K This was my answer but it
- describe the meaning of the probability distribution of a discrete random variable also give one example of such probability distribution
- A student is studying the equilibriumrepresented by the equation : 2CrO 4 2- (aq, yellow) +2H 3 O + (aq) Cr 2 O 7 2- (aq, orange) +3H 2 O(l) The mixture