Which of the following statements is accurate about standard precautions?Required
Standard precautions are based on the principle that all blood, body fluids, secretions, excretions, and non-intact skin are potentially infectious.
Standard precautions only include handwashing. If more precautions are needed, the appropriate transmission-based precaution should be implemented.
Standard precautions do not require the use of masks or face shields.
Standard precautions are used with persons who have been identified as high risk for infection or who are currently infected.
7. Which of the following is an appropriate guideline to follow when using personal protective equipment?
Wash your PPE after each use and perform hand hygiene.
Change PPE and perform hand hygiene before providing care to another person.
Use gloves as a substitute for performing hand hygiene.
Perform hand hygiene but reuse your PPE.
8. What defense mechanism helps to resist the invasion of infectious agents once they enter the body, but when weakened increases the risk for infection?
9. All of the following situations would require the use of standard precautions EXCEPT:
Performing a blood glucose check
Providing incontinent care
Applying a pressure dressing to a cut in the skin
Interviewing an individual to determine food preferences
10. All of the following represent a potential portal of entry for an infectious agent EXCEPT:
Invasive medical devices
Recently Asked Questions
- 1.1 Does the United States needs to engage certain powers to remain safe from present-day dangers? 2.2 In this ever-changing economic climate, what must the
- As student council treasurer you have the responsibility of keeping track of the ticket money earned from the school play after the play dana the ticket
- The question is in the picture hahsbsn sbsbsbzbsbx h d dbsvsbz. Hdbsbsv sndhsbsb s