describes an evidence-based research plan for the problem you selected in week 2, wrote a PICO question for in week 4 and for the literature you analyzed in week 5.
Please review the rubric for this assignment for the specific points to include. There are very precise guidelines of what sections should be included in the research plan. Here is information on how to write
Smith (2016) interpreted his findings as being applicable to......one paragraph
Fox (2016) used a quasi-experimental approach to identifying his population......one paragraph.
On the subject of horizontal violence most researchers have found that very few nurses have been spared some type of abuse (Gray, 2015; Blue, 2014).
I need to read this sample literature review. It will help you see how to synthesize your literature. I do not expect your paper to be this long, just look at how this student formatted and wrote her review!
2. APA is required, including an abstract, title, introduction, body of the paper, summary, and references that are cited. Please do not forget to space properly throughout the paper, include a running head, page numbers, and page breaks where needed.
Template for Evidence-based Research Plan
This is the grading rubric:
· Formatted correctly
· Provides a summary overview of the paper
· Includes keywords
0 - 15
0 - 10
· States clear purpose of the research
· Introduces and describes the problem for the plan in a summary that provides background, and why this is a problem worthy of further study
0 - 10
· States the PICO/PICOT question: Each element addressed and correctly identified (Patient/Problem, Intervention, Comparison Intervention, Outcome and Time if applicable).
Review of Literature
0 - 25
· Able to locate five research articles relevant to PICO question.
· Sources are primary or secondary research.
· References address EBP in Nursing ( a summary of the literature, not an annotated bibliography)
· Compare and contrast (what are the similarities and differences) in your articles?
· Journals referenced are academic and current.
· Provides a summary of the research findings after the 5 studies have been discussed.
Show how the literature relates to the clinical research question (PICO).
· How did the research findings reflect on your PICO question? ( I have to support or refute my question here)
0 - 15
· What will you do with your findings? For ex - based on your evidence based findings would you implement change in patient care or procedure? (Use first person 'I' here).
· All sources given credit in both paper and references.
Correct APA header.
· Consistent and appropriate voice.
No spelling errors.
No errors in agreement, pronouns/antecedents, or tense.
No punctuation or capitalization errors.
The articles I need to use are below:
Hong, C., Siegel, A., & Ferris, T. (2014, August).Caring for high-need, high-cost patients: What
makes for a successful care management program?(Issue brief No. 19). Retrieved from: http://www.commonwealthfund.org/publications/issue-briefs/2014/aug/caring-high-need- high-cost-patients-what-makes-successful-care
Lin, W., Bharel, M., Zhang, J., O'Connell, E., & Clark, R. (2015). Frequent Emergency
Department Visits and Hospitalizations Among Homeless People With Medicaid:
Implications for Medicaid Expansion. American Journal Of Public Health, 105(S5),
S716-S722. doi: 10.2105/ajph.2015.302693
Mercer, T., Bae, J., Kipnes, J., Velazquez, M., Thomas, S., & Setji, N. (2015). The highest
utilizers of care: Individualized care plans to coordinate care, improve healthcare service
utilization, and reduce costs at an academic tertiary care center. Journal Of Hospital
Medicine, 10(7), 419-424. doi: 10.1002/jhm.2351
Thakarar, K., Morgan, J., Gaeta, J., Hohl, C., & Drainoni, M. (2015). Predictors of Frequent
Emergency Room Visits among a Homeless Population. PLOS ONE, 10(4), e0124552.
Vinton, D., Capp, R., Rooks, S., Abbott, J., & Ginde, A. (2014). Frequent users of US
emergency departments: characteristics and opportunities for intervention. Emergency
Medicine Journal, 31(7), 526-532. doi: 10.1136/emermed-2013-202407
This is my PICO Question that needs to be used:
Title: The relationship between care coordination and the rate of unnecessary emergency department visits among the adult homeless population.
Background: As a RN Case Manager in primary care one of my main responsibilities is to review all of patients who went to the emergency department the previous day. Often times, homeless adult patients utilize the emergency department for non-emergency matters. I want to know if involving care coordination for this group of patients would decrease the amount of unnecessary emergency department visits.
Purpose statement: The objective of this study was to determine if care coordination has an effect on reducing unnecessary emergency department visits among the adult homeless population over a period of 6 months.
PICO /PICOT: Research Question Patient/Problem: Does utilization care coordination help reduce unnecessary emergency room visits by adult homeless patients over a 6 month period of time?
Population: Homeless adult patients
Intervention: Care coordination
Comparison: No Care coordination
Outcome: Reduction in unnecessary emergency room visits.
Time: 6 months
Patient/Problem: Intervention: Involving care coordination for homeless adult patients who utilize the emergency department unnecessarily?
Comparison Intervention: Not providing care coordination to adult homeless patients who use the emergency department unnecessarily.
Outcome: Decreased inappropriate emergency department usage among the adult homeless population.
Revised Searchable Question: With adult homeless patients, does care coordination, as compared to no care coordination; help reduce unnecessary emergency room visits, in 6 months?
Recently Asked Questions
- You are pleased to see that you have been given a 4.76% raise this year. However, you read on the Wall Street Journal Web site that inflation over the past
- Please respond to the following question. What do we mean when we say a behavior is "abnormal?" Is it possible that what we believe is abnormal might be
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from hw03_deadweightloss_complete.