Polypharmacy is a common concern, especially in the elderly.
- List the definitions of polypharmacy you encounter in your assigned reading. Include an additional reference from an evidence based practice journal article or national guideline.
- Discuss three risk factors that can lead to polypharmacy. Explain the rationale for why each listed item is a risk factor. Risk factors are different than adverse drug reactions. ADRs can be a result of polypharmacy, and is important, but ADRs are not a risk factor.
- Discuss three action steps that a provider can take to prevent polypharmacy.
- Provide an example of how your clinical preceptors have addressed polypharmacy.
Recently Asked Questions
- ACC201 FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT What is the difference between fundament analysis and technical analysis?
- Write the first term three terms of the sequence whose general term is an = (2n)!.
- Give examples of data fields that likely require "data cleansing" for a specific company citing the company, the fields, and why the field is a likely