Hello, i need help in analyzing the following assignment. kindly find attached, the resources. thanks
Assignment: Decision Tree for Neurological and Musculoskeletal Disorders
For your Assignment, your Instructor will assign you one of the decision tree interactive media pieces provided in the Resources. As you examine the patient case studies in this module's Resources, consider how you might assess and treat patients presenting symptoms of neurological and musculoskeletal disorders.
Photo Credit: Getty Images/Science Photo Library RF
· Review the interactive media piece assigned by your Instructor.
· Reflect on the patient's symptoms and aspects of the disorder presented in the interactive media piece.
· Consider how you might assess and treat patients presenting with the symptoms of the patient case study you were assigned.
· You will be asked to make three decisions concerning the diagnosis and treatment for this patient. Reflect on potential co-morbid physical as well as patient factors that might impact the patient's diagnosis and treatment.
write summary paper that addresses the following:
· Briefly summarize the patient case study you were assigned, including each of the three decisions you took for the patient presented.
· Based on the decisions you recommended for the patient case study, explain whether you believe the decisions provided were supported by the evidence-based literature. Be specific and provide examples. Be sure to support your response with evidence and references from outside resources.
· What were you hoping to achieve with the decisions you recommended for the patient case study you were assigned? Support your response with evidence and references from outside resources.
· Explain any difference between what you expected to achieve with each of the decisions and the results of the decision in the exercise. Describe whether they were different. Be specific and provide examples.
This week we will cover the pharmacology of neurological and musculoskeletal disorders. These are extensive topics and we will cover many different conditions this week. The pharmacology of drugs used to treat these conditions can have complex mechanisms of action, significant drug-drug interactions, and serious side effects to consider.
There are many different neurotransmitters involved in the neurological conditions we will discuss this week. When learning different drug classes, try to keep in mind the neurotransmitter involved and what effect the drug has on it. Some of the topics you will learn about this week are some of the hardest conditions to treat pharmacologically, such as seizures, Parkinson's, and Alzheimer's.
For the musculoskeletal disorders, again we are faced with some unique pharmacological agents. This week you will read about disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs (DMARDs). Also, there are drugs referred to as biologics entering the market for conditions such as arthritis. These drugs represent exciting new technologies in the pharmaceutical world, and I hope some of you choose to research them further. Again, reach out to me if you have any questions on these topics.
Instead of a discussion this week, you will be assigned a 600 paper that is due on Day 7 of Week 8 (the night of October 20). For the case study to cover in the paper, please review the Interactive Media file titled "Alzheimer's Disease" located under Week 6 in the Resources tab on the Course Home page (left hand column). Please be sure to review the rubric for the assignment so that you cover all of the required topics. This is what I will be grading you on.
Also, at this point you should have begun studying for the mid-term that will be due by the end of week 7 (the night of October 13). Note that the study guide is also available on the Resources tab of the Course Home page.
I am looking forward to another great week of learning! You are at the halfway point already! Keep it up!
Here is the link to the interactive case study, let me know if you have trouble accessing it: Psychopharmacologic Approaches to Treatment of Psychopathology http://cdnfiles.laureate.net/2dett4d/Walden/NURS/6521/05/mm/decision_trees/week_10/index.html
Recently Asked Questions
- Discuss the dilemma arising from the following situation: Learning of an insurer's proposed policy of not reimbursing for dialysis and organ transplants for
- WWhat is the important of the nursing identifying herself to patients who have vision impairment when giving cares? Please give reference?
- WWhat is the important of good communication with patients whos hearing impairment especially speaking slowly and gaining attention?