Isabella is now 12 weeks pregnant and you, the new
graduate nurse, have taken her blood pressure, assessed the fetal heart rate, and tested her urine for protein.
9) Isabella asks when she should first feel her baby move or hear the fetal heart? You give her a detailed answer by telling her the following: __________ (4 points):
It was determined that her non-invasive prenatal testing (NIPT) demonstrated an infant with Jacob's syndrome (XYY chromosomes). As this is a screening tool her provider recommends further testing.
10) She asks you to please educate her on the difference between an amniocentesis and CVS testing and whether she should get these done or not given her NIPT results. Please answer Isabella and provide education on these two tests. Additionally, please provide education on when to call the doctor, meaning what are the danger signs she should be aware of during pregnancy (5 points).
Recently Asked Questions
- How would you explain the difference between Cushings Disease and Addison's Disease?
- I need help understanding how to analyze the role as a nurse leader in bridging the gap between public health nursing and the hosptial.
- I need help understanding and explaining the primary aspects of population health.