12. A nurse is administering an antidepressant medication to a client. The nurse should understand which of the
following is the major difference between SSRI and TCA's?
- SSRI are more effective in relieving manifestations
- SSRI produce a more sedative effect
- TCAs are lethal in overdose
- TCA have fewer cardiovascular effects
13. Nurse caring for pt who has neuroleptic malignant syndrome and experiencing hyperthermia. Which of the following medications should the nurse administer to the client?
14. Client who has visual hallucinations followed by impaired consciousness from alcohol withdrawal. Which of the following conditions should the nurse identify as causing these manifestations?
- Autonomic dysreflexia
- Synergistic effect
- Sleep deprived
19. Client taking clozapine for schizophrenia and reports hypersalivation. Which of the following classifications of medications should the nurse expect to be prescribed to alleviate these adverse effects?
- Dopamine agonist
- Serotonin inhibitor
17. Teaching client who has insomnia begun taking zolpidem. Which of the following adverse effects should the nurse monitor? (Select all that apply)